Monday, February 28, 2022

Daily Notes- February 28th- REAL Slow Start Monday.


 I can't remember if this already was here as the Daily Picture.  This soup is a chunky lentil from Veganista's blog.  She stopped sending to me for awhile there and then came back.  I don't do the vegan thing but I do vegetarian.  Click on the picture and it might take you to the blog.  

She did have this "cream sauce" made from soaked cashews and water in the Vitamix.  Was great.  I added it to my Carrot Soup and Wow- it was great.  Which reminds me that I haven't fired up the Vitamix in YEARS.

I made pasta sauce.   But this time....I dug around in the freezer and found roasted Sungold cherry tomatoes- thawed them out and mixed it into the hot drained pasta.  The Sungold tomatoes have tons of pectin. They were from 2018 but had been roasted, cooled and packed without air and frozen (by me).  I'm still alive- so okay.  It's very creamy and delicious.  Making we wish I had continued to grow them in my back garden.

But that thought was cut short.  My Monday visit to Library and Grocery were very difficult today.  My breathing wasn't great.  I have a Pulmonary exam coming up.  After I finish this post, I am going to read or just sit and rest.  Stock up some energy.  For the next outing to get my hair cut on Thursday. My chest feels a bit like my heart didn't enjoy the difficult breathing.  But it also could have just been that I was too warm.  Too warm makes me feel "not so good" these days.  Dizzy.  Summer is couch time with AC.

Store had my Oatmeal. They didn't have my decaf teabags (Lipton) so I got the store brand.  I'll just add more sugar.  No desserts.  One bag of low fat/low salt potato chips. My cheat treat.

I did two loads of laundry yesterday.  Second one was all pants and heavy cotton sweaters.  This week- I have bedsheets etc to do.  I wasn't interested in doing three loads. Maybe Friday. That's all.

No comments: