Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Daily Notes- February 15th- Sunshine here is blinding- but 20 degrees so still Winter.


 Saw these chairs on a "certain website" and shocked to find they are $899 each.  Not including shipping and handling.  There's a perfect desk table as well.  And a dining table.  I didn't price those items.

Sticker Shock.  Would be similar to buying a new car. If one was getting 8 or 10 of these.  This ONE would look grand in my bedroom- matching the pencil post bed.  Holding my laundry. In Future years I could sit in it and try to get my feet into my shoes or slippers.  One would never be enough. 

This chair expresses my personality.  100%.  Wide seat.  No nonsense.  Classic.  Strong back.  

We celebrated the Valentine Holiday by going to the grocery to pick up my inhaler prescription. Co- pay was $120.  Three months of being able to breathe.   Good enough.  Then the Library.

People (men) watching at the grocery.  Walking in and then standing in front of the red rose bouquet display.  And selecting and then in line paying. One guy- got two.  Lead me to having "thoughts", hoping one was for his mother (but probably not).  Daughter was at work wrapping candy gifts all day and eating the not so perfect gigantic strawberries which were not going to be dipped in chocolate and drizzled with pink and red tinted white chocolate.  She is still in the Leaky Gut Protocol so no chocolate for her.  Just defective berries.  She said they were tasty.

More cards have arrived at their destinations.  I wish I had made more.  Next time I will use a larger piece of cloth to paint.  Then I'll have more.

Tampa Bay called.  Old friends from South Florida (then Ireland, then Germany, then France, then Italy, then North Carolina, then Florida).  We've know each other a long long time as husbands worked in Europe with mine.  Then a second call as an old friend from Italy was visiting her and they asked me if I was the one...and I admitted to breaking the washing machine and buying fancy sheets but nothing else in the Rome Apartment.  She remembered me as blonde-  And the phone ended quickly after that.

Good Times.

No comments: