Saturday, February 19, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, February 19th


 Now this image reminds me of the Math Department Hallway Bulletin board 1979 in Bolingbrook, Illinois .  My Supervisor- Chairwoman of the Math Dept in the High School where I was a certified Teacher's Aide...asked me to make one of these.  It was wider and taller than me with outstretched arms.  I used a small step ladder. I was wearing a skirt or dress and stockings or dress pants and heels.

First I had to use string (diameter) to make the circle with a chalk line.  String end nailed into center of the wall. Then pound in like a thousand nails- after calculating the correct number of nails for the circumference.  Yes.  I am astounded by this.  I actually did this. Math.  In a dress or skirt and heels.

While young "men" from 14 to 18 stopped by to admire the work and my rear end.  Verbally.  I think this was something that was okay at the Time.  I had certainly taken verbal abuse from adult "men" in Florida previous to the move to Illinois.  I wore my wedding ring on my middle finger. (I'd lost a lot of weight)

The circle was huge.  And then I used white yarn and assorted colored string- I don't remember what I bought at the local hardware store-- and made all these connections that you see here (needing to make more circles and pound more nails).  The design on the Math Dept Wall- that any other Department Head could see walking by- "open concept"  was stunning........that was the whole idea.  The Math Department Head was wanting that.  An image of Mathematics being "stunning".

Well, that was a lovely trip down memory lane. 

I also wrote down all the topics discussed on the Sports Show yesterday.  Stink Bugs. Lead Paint. Broken Back Injury of the photographer at the Super Bowl and video of Stafford turning his back on the accident after watching her fall (now paying her medical bills- NOT saving him from criticism), Woodpeckers.  Married at First Sight show. Also several call ins from bars with drunk dialed Sports info.  All the topics related to Scott Zolak's insect and woodpecker house siding problems. Not Stafford or Married at First Sight- that was Bertrand.  And you wondered why I watch.   There was also a Giant Sturgeon. It either washed up on shore or attacked someone.  Might have been one of the bar callers.  Men are so entertaining.-- and they had pictures of Sturgeon.  Not the same one that attacked someone. Ick.

No comments: