Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Daily Notes- This year I will hit 3800 posts. Not as cold. no Sun, melting slush.


 I'm not much for vegetables and dips.  I liked this image because all the vegetables look so darned delicious.  I have missed radishes.  I always have carrot sticks around. I am looking forward to pea pods.

Husband left early to drive to the hospital to have a "breathing test".  Tomorrow he sees the Lung Doctor. He sees a lot of doctors. He went by himself.  We'll see how that worked out. I may or may not go with him tomorrow. It's a long drive.

Curling was great yesterday - The Italian Team won..  Today they have the finals to see if they can win GOLD..  Don't want to miss that. And I read my book.  99 Percent Mine.  Sally Thorne.  She wrote the Hating Game.  And another book on my pile- Second First Impressions.  I love them all.  But Second First Impressions --I would have to choose it if given only one book of hers.  Teddy.  

So, yesterday...during Curling (TiVo has playback so I can rewind) I chopped vegetables. Potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage.  Added canned rinsed beans and canned diced tomato.  Chicken bouillon cubes. (I can't find vegetable ones), salt and pepper.  A handful of elbow macaroni.  Water.  It's delicious.  I have three full quarts in the fridge with enough left in the pot to fill a bowl to eat while watching tv.  I also had bread and butter.  I hope they have escarole next shopping day- I actually want Bean and Escarole Soup.

I have one more load of laundry to do today- mostly husband's clothing he wore while snow blowing. And I might untangle the vacuum hose and vacuum a room- maybe two. (but I say that all the time and never actually do it).


No comments: