Sunday, February 20, 2022

Daily Notes- February 20th- Sunshine, Cold (19) with Snow On The Way


 Daughter is going to buy me plastic bins for the cloth.  But (until that happens) the stuff in the dining room fell on the floor- tired of waiting- either to be used as additional borders  for work pinned to the wall or..........anyway, now it's on the ottoman where I read and watch tv.  That area is so loaded with cloth and works in progress that I am having flashbacks to my Father's ottomans.  Loaded down with shifting piles of books, newspaper and bags of potato chips. A Learned Behavior if there was ever one.

We won't discuss my very small cramped sewing room.  We won't.  Hard to even find the carpet on the floor.

So...Curling is finished.  Now what???? I watched all the Vera episodes I recorded off PBS (public tv) and TiVo missed the final 5 minutes of every one of them.  Which I think is actual PBS's fault.  Fund Raising.

Husband has been suffering from sudden severe headaches for the past few days. Taking Excedrin and sleeping all day and night.  I looked up side effects for his Memory Drug- after 2 weeks- "some" developed severe headaches.  I took the pills out of his pill dispenser- exactly 2 weeks into his use of them..  Two days later- very mild headaches.  Today- none.  I'd say that is pretty good info. There was no mention of the headaches going away once they began.  Can you imagine an older person taking this drug- alone or with an impaired spouse?  Suffering so much pain.  And not understanding why.  

And to use the word "some" because you are such assholes that saying a percentage might hurt your earnings????  That's like saying "some" people may die taking any number of drugs.  Which translates to "some" people DID die.  They know how many.  A trial has a specified number of people.  So you can do percentages.  Not SOME people.

So...that's my temper tantrum for the day.  Possibly the month.  We'll see how things go.

4 comments:

DianeN said...

If you liked the Vera series (I'm assuming you refer to Vera Stanhope) you should read the books by Ann Cleeves. They're miles better than the TV, but then books usually are.

Joanne S said...

Thank you for the author's name- now I can check them out- Yeah!!!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

did you see? Julia Cameron has a new book?

Kim Carney said...

Vienna blood, on PBS
https://www.pbs.org/