Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Daily Notes- A very Emotional last 24 hours


 Can you imagine cutting your vegetables with a ruler?

Anyway- I am awash in "emotions" since yesterday.   The building collapse in Florida.  The Tennis.

I was watching a very young guy- French-  Mannarino- playing Federer.  And the young guy was winning. And then he slipped on the grass.  He injured his right knee.  Federer walked to the net.  Concern on his face.  The young player had been winning the match.  He tried..to continue...but then he just stopped and crumpled.  And Federer walked around the net and stood next to him. Such kindness. And Federer is just trying for a comeback after two surgeries on HIS right knee.

And in the paper this morning a quote from Federer ".......he was the better player". So he is now my favorite player and makes up for the Serbian.

And later Serena Williams also slipped and injured her knee.  But I had already gone to bed.

And then there is the building collapse.  And my books.  And my tears.  I think it's a wave of emotion collected since the beginning of Covid.  I am often surprised by them.  An excess of emotions. I am often surprised to find my face wet.  Not even feeling sad.  I think my face would be wet if I was laughing. 

Two and a half months and I will be 75.  I think of that also.  And I think of the Chinese Chicken Salad at..Ruby Tuesday?  I am certain I have the restaurant name wrong.  But...dressing on the side.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I think you should get that chicken salad - wherever it is

Deb Lacativa said...

It has been a Queen of Cups sort of day. Don't underestimate self-care, no matter how small the gesture. And let one of those gestures be grand once in a while.