Saturday, June 19, 2021

Daily Notes- Juneteenth. It rained overnight. Tomorrow is supposed to be 90 degrees and humid.


 Where I would like to be this weekend.

Humid and damp outside.  But with the promise of heat and humidity.  Which means indoor time. For me.  Hot&Humid air will KILL me.  I live in fear of not being able to breathe. Outside.

So...a good day yesterday.  Watered everything with my recycled orange juice bottles.  Some things got blue water (fertilizer) and others plain water.  I think I filled all the bottles twice.  Just the potted flowers. I didn't fill or plant anything in the Grow boxes.  No tomatoes.  The two birdbaths got scrubbed and filled as well.  Little Goldfinches came to have a drink and a bath.

In some ways it feels good- free of the watering tasks- in other ways it feels empty.  Like I am missing a puzzle piece of Life.  It is what it is.

I haven't decided on a book to read today.  I might just read The Farmer and The Editor again.  Or I might just close my eyes and drift.  Summer arrives tomorrow. I'll just get a head start.

Husband broke his soap dish last night.  My favorite.  A lily pad with a tiny frog.  Why is it in his bathroom?  I don't know.  But now I will try and fix it.  I don't even think there is a soap dish in my bathroom.  Why?  Why do I give everything I love away?  I have stopped looking for the green linen shirt. It's gone.

I am such a mess.

No comments: