Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Daily Notes- June 23rd. We think it rained last night. There is dampness on the drive and sidewalks.


 Meatball Subs.  Have I used this picture before?  I never remember as I hardly go back over old posts. Because I get so few comments.  But it's not about comments.  I keep telling myself that. 

Connie mentioned she talks to herself in her Morning Pages and then goes back at other times in the day to talk to herself some more in the Pages.  Got me to thinking.......why not a second notebook.  Writing in that instead of talking to myself when I don't have washing to do.  Doable. Keep it by the couch. Next to the cloth, buttons, thread and drawing books.

I made another small cloth- some of it works but not all of it.  I keep auditioning but nothing works yet.

DebL got me thinking of looking for a floating floral robe to wear.  On the internet.  I looked at a few things but I don't think I have the descriptive words quite right.  I got lots of poly fluffy robes to look at.  I have one of those- in a gorgeous deep cranberry red.  And one is enough.  For Winter.  I need one for Summer.   In Maine- we only have two seasons.  Summer or Winter.  And at times in Summer- we have Winter for a few days.  I am rereading and just now reminded that I have yellow green and gold- I don't know what to call them- but two of them sewn together would make a lovely floating robe.  Problem solved.  Now I just need to find them.  Table coverings?  Window coverings?  Pier One. Long ago.

Today is overcast- no sunshine.  My husband thinks it rained last night.  I don't.  I watered the Peach trees. They need daily regular water because they are in Peach Production Mode right now. My annual containers are busy growing.  The marigolds are getting tall.  The Coleus are getting really tall.

I think my flower production is finished out in the beds.  Peonies are done.  Deer are eating all the Day Lilies. Last summer I ate all the buds because they are delicious.  And I knew if I left them- the deer would eat them.  The deer are larger this year.  Not as skinny.  The Wild Turkey were larger as well. We are being over run by the rodents- chipmunks- yet again.  But husband has baffles on the bird feeders so they are eating elsewhere and just "living" in my yard.  Where is the neighbor's cat when he's needed?????

No comments: