Thursday, June 24, 2021

Daily Notes- June 24th. This might have been my younger brother's birthday.


 It's starting to feel like Summer.   I bought greenhouse tomatoes and set them out on a small table in the warm vestibule- to warm and possibly regain their "tomato-ness" after being refrigerated.  We'll see.

I've only walked on a Maine beach once.  I think it was the day Riley- a very young but strong dog- broke his leash and ran off into the waves.  My friend said "will he come back?"....I shrugged.  I didn't know anything about dogs and less about Riley at that point in Time.

He came back.

DQ late in the afternoon yesterday.  Wow, the Bad Parking was Intense.  I had a momentary vision of the guy backing in next to us taking out the whole side of the car I was sitting on.   He later leaned into the window and asked if he'd scared me.  I said- "it looked like it might be very exciting for a moment there". Older guy.  I woman-splained to husband how I knew the guy had money.  His clothing.  The way he carried himself.  The leaning into the window to ask if he'd scared me..........that was a surprise.

Husband used to dress that way.  I dressed him that way.  Now...that guy has totally disappeared. He used to give the other corporate wives the vapors.  Especially his socks. Who knew it would be the socks????

I am thinking about watching baseball.  To see the pitchers being felt up by umpires thinking they have some sticky fast ball stuff in their pants- this stuff writes itself.......in the paper they said one catcher went  all Chippendales and dropped everything-......baseball is tedious and boring.  But if pitchers and catchers are going to be undressed on the field by the referees- why not watch????

No comments: