Monday, June 14, 2021

Daily Notes- Monday, June 14th. My American Flag is always flying so- everyday is Flag Day here.


 A rough day.  The French Open final for the men's cup.  It was brutal.  The Serbian guy- it's difficult to watch.  Not a game.  Mean spirited.  He's won 19 times now.  The Greek had moments when I thought he would be able to get the job done.  The crowd in the stadium cheered for him and not the mean guy.

While I watched I had to have something calming to do.  So this small piece of painted cloth had a drawing on it- in pen.  I layered it with some of DebL's delicious flecked green an a piece of yellow linen from a pair of old pants.  Then I got some black thread (2 strands) and backstitched my way around the pen lines.  And at the top made a bird.  The piece is about an inch wider and taller than a playing card.

In answer to DebL's comment yesterday.  I do make my own grilled cheese sandwiches (with or without husband's).  And I layer in slices of pickles.  Yesterday I rolled thin slice ham into thin sliced swiss and had roll ups.  Two. Followed by three ice cold red plums.  What a wonderful Summer Treat.  I always find a way to feed myself good food.  My Strange Favorite Sandwich is inches of layered romaine lettuce leaves and swiss cheese (one or two thin slices) mayo between two slices of soft white bread.  It's a huge tall sandwich and I love it.

Today I have not one but two Gorgeous Salads from the Lunch Delivery Service and Sweet Pea Gnocchi. It's my Last Monday Vegan Lunch Delivery--a gift from my neighbor for watching over her house while she's been gone.  Today is supposed to be "outdoor hanging basket watering day" at the neighbor's house.  But it looks like it's going to rain.  It's overcast and windy.  I may still carry the watering cans over.  Just in case it doesn't rain and also give the plants some fertilizer.  I want everything to look as nice as possible when she gets home.

A book I have been WANTING to read has been announced as waiting for pick up.  I am wanting to get in the car and drive over right away.  Plus I had neglected two 7 day books while watching tennis.  The late fees for them is 25 cents a day. I might have to return them unread.  Nope- I have until the 18th. I can do it.  Women's finals this week.  And I have many many ice cold red plums to eat while watching.


2 comments:

deemallon said...

The bird has whimsy and charm. The tale of grilled cheese sandwiches is one I could read every day!

Deb Lacativa said...

I love these little visions in stitch.