Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Daily Notes- 87 degrees at 10am--In Maine. Global Warming is Here To Stay


 10am.  Both AC units are working right now.  I'll shut off the bedroom one next time I go down the hall. Husband has gone to get his haircut.  I have to wait another 2 weeks.

Husband is having roll ups for lunch with chips and pickles.  Thin sliced ham, turkey and Finlandia Swiss. Like olden days of yore.  Bread for grilled cheese got moldy on the counter and stale in the fridge. Welcome to Summer.  Watched Tennis.  The Serbian.  I can't watch if he is playing though the 19 year old British kid was lovely.

There was no more closet reorganizing this morning.  We did decide to take the garbage out to the street for pickup.  I mentioned 86 degrees and who knows how much hotter in the garage where the garbage sits. So husband put it out one the curb.

Our electric rate is going up- double digits.  This is for electricity that normally goes out for as many days as it takes to rot all the food in your fridge and freezer. Repeatedly.  Usually caused by tree limbs falling on the lines- above ground.  I have never lived somewhere with overhead power lines. I have lived here 30 years.  You would think they would start digging and laying lines under ground.  NO!!!! New housing areas are all underground.  We have a strange situation with squirrels shorting out the pole that feeds this street.  We call it Smoking Squirrel Syndrome.

We all have generators.

So. 87 at 10am.  I read in the paper it might go as high as 94.  I am reminded of a July with 104.  You can see- with two AC units going it's 73 degrees in the house with 58% humidity.  I just got back inside after watering all the container plants outdoors on the from steps.  Refilling the water bottles. Now I am going to sit.  Stare at nothing.  Breathe.  Finish my coffee.  The registered receipt for our taxes arrived yesterday in the mail.  Lajoy.  Sigh.  May 17 to June 28th.  Only 6 weeks for mail to get from Maine to Kansas and back.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

Only six weeks - your comment made me laugh

Anonymous said...

The increase in temperature terrifies me. The wild fires were horrific last year, and I'm certain it might be just as bad or WORSE this year. Ontop of the heatwave, Southwest America is experiencing a mega-drought. The Colorado river is drying up. We're in for a rude awakening.