Sunday, June 06, 2021

Daily Notes- Heating Up Here In Maine- Two books read yesterday.


 A close up image from a large watercolor I purchased long ago.  I knew the artist.  Mentioned that I had purchased the painting.  She replied "I just didn't like that one" but gave me a collection of post cards she did like..  In this close up shot I can see the pencil work that is under the paint.  Always interesting to see the "bones" of things.

The Guy liked the gluten free bread. He made toast that he really really enjoyed.  So I will be baking more.

Two books yesterday. Finished the Honey Don't Book and read another one.  Which I read but didn't really "like".  Today...I don't know what is going to happen as it will be in the high 80's today. It's still cool in the house with just fans running.  I open the bedroom window overnight.  Then close it as soon as we wake up.  No AC as yet.  Growing up- we didn't have AC and had to find ways to deal with the heat as Summer deepened.  We played in the basement.  

Of course- in my Cinderella childhood- I was in the basement quite a bit- doing all the ironing for a family of six.  Sheets, pillowcases, dishtowels.  My brother's tee shirts and jeans.  All pressed, folded. No friendly singing mice to keep me company.  And I wore dresses.  So those needed to be ironed as well.  Amazing that I actually enjoyed ironing for years and years until recently...when I stopped ironing and wear my clothing--un-ironed and rumpled.  Because who looks at old almost 75 year old women???? No one.

I am putting watermelon on my shopping list and cherries.  I love when it's cherry season.  I will be looking for plain or honey yogurt and will add pitted cherries to it.  And dribble any juice onto cloth to stain it with cherry.  I tried last Summer to "print" halved cherries on cloth.  It didn't take.

No comments: