Monday, May 03, 2021

Daily Notes- May Second


 And then there were four.  The two on the left are not exactly finished as yet.  A bit plain.  I had to stop working on them and repair my pants.  For today's grocery shopping.  I had a weak spot in the very thin fabric of my well worn corduroy pants.  And I needed to go find some yarn to fill in the "wales" where the fabric had shredded.  A massive amount of zig zag stitch and pant repair was "good enough".

I usually go over the mend with some colored ink pens.  Brush pens.  To even out the use of the wrong colors.  I never have yarn the same olive green (faded) as these many year old pants.

At some point a "full backside" mend will be needed.  On sweater's it's the elbows.

Grocery shopping was enjoyable.  I was later than usual.  So a different "crowd".  My Hannaford is the busiest of all the Hannford's in Maine.  It's also the smallest. But I think it's the employees.  And they pack the groceries so well.  They had everything I needed today.  So that was lovely.

I was late because I delivered the fourth floral pickle jar and had a chat with my walking buddy and collected  garden tools she was giving away.  Husband was very happy with them.  Long handled tools he can use without having to get down on his knees (and then try and get up off the ground, again- I'm no good at that either).  And one is a small shovel with a long handle and he really wanted one of those. 

Cloudy and looks like rain- a day or two earlier than forecast.  I need to turn on lights.  I reverted to my previous brand of instant coffee.  The Folgers is too bitter.  

We just now finished watching a Rugby match.  Husband is enjoying the games as well.  No time outs and all that.  The game starts and just keeps going until someone needs medical attention or gets a penalty.

No comments: