Sunday, May 16, 2021

Daily Notes- May 16th- Feels Cold in the House But Warm Outside.


 My new annuals.  Just carried back out onto the very warm front steps.  But still in the shade.  And I turned on the Peach Tree Sprinklers. And set the timer for 45 minutes.  Getting into the new "Summer" mind set. Yes, Texas Liz- 72 was also in my cool zone in my Florida and Georgia days. But I think we might have dipped into the 40's last night.

Which is why the flowers come inside overnight.  I opened the bedroom window and it felt COLD but we have a down comforter and like sleeping cold.

I am reading a a very interesting- so far- book.  Beach Read by Emily Henry.  Two people, who went to college together- both authors- are having a hard time writing their newest books.  Blocked.  And so, over day old donuts, purse wine and White Russians they decide to help each other write their books. Get past the "block" they are both suffering- still not liking each other (sigh).  I'm not sure I like the content but I sure do like these two characters.  We'll see how it goes.

I have a tall stack of books that I ordered "blind"....not knowing if I wanted to read them or not.

I watched some series on a station I mostly hurry past- Ghost Finders or some such- guys in shorts and tee shirts with large amounts of body art.  And all the "ghost hunting" is done at night, in the dark except for the light of the camera men following them around.  It is all such crap.  But it was different, new crap. So I watched and then tucked into my new book. After eating potato chips.  Just another Saturday Afternoon.

No comments: