Monday, May 17, 2021

Daily Notes- May 17th- Sunshine and Warm


 The view from my car in the grocery store parking lot.  The train station and the train.  It goes to Boston and back a couple times a day.  I have thought of getting on and riding to the end and back.  Just for the experience of a train ride.  Getting off involves taxis rides etc. 

I had a friend once- she passed in a tragic car accident one Thanksgiving- she and her husband got in the car one year and drove down route one to Florida and back to Maine.  A nice slow drive. They were going west when their car got smashed in a multi car accident in blinding snow.  All I remember is her husband sobbing- heartbreakingly so- during her funeral mass.  I was making something that day we heard of the accident- I have never made it again.

Several things have changed in the Grocery Store Experience.  Still wearing masks.  Which I approve.  But no arrows in the freshly waxed aisles.  We can go in an out as we wish. Whatever direction.  We can go and get in line (cashing out) by ourselves.  Just like Olden Days.  We don't have to line up and wait for an open cashier over by the beer coolers.  So...still safe.  No announcement over speaker system of vaccine shots this morning.

I cut and made Pickle Jar Bouquets for my neighbors and friends this weekend.  The gorgeous French Lilac in my fenced garden is in full bloom.  The scent is heavenly. Deep deep purple/blue.  Across the street, my neighbor's pink lilac is in full bloom so I have been invited to make myself a bouquet of those. I also cut a small jam jar of Lily of the Valley for my neighbor- her mother's favorite flower.  Made her cry- which was never my intent.  But she was happy to have them.  

 Finished Beach Read.  I will read it again but not today.  Today I am going to start in on Make Up Break Up another book I got off an online list.  We'll see how it goes.

They had frozen peas.  And we have extra white rice from Sunday's Chinese take out.  A wonderful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh Water for Flowers: A Novel by Valérie Perrin

Anonymous said...

ps had to get it via interlibrary loan.
... found it highly engaging.
warning: don't get obsessive about reading it through like i did -ml