Thursday, May 13, 2021

Daily Notes- May 13th- Cloudy with a chance of Sun


The picture up top is the floor just inside the porch door on the back vestibule. Where I keep my plants  before they are ready for the great outdoors.  The Avocado is 60% recovered- it's been out there a week or more.  Still having difficulty keeping it's leaves filled with moisture.  I have the ceiling fan on very slow to just get the air moving.  I think that helps the plants.  I am considering additions of lime / dark red striped coleus and some geraniums.  And that's it.

Husband cut the grass yesterday- it was too much for him.  I usually do the front yard or the back- it doesn't bother me, but he was stubborn and did it all.  But the grass looks like green velvet. Always so pretty in May.  Not so much in late July and August.  The peach trees have many pink blossoms but not ready to leaf out as yet.  The Queen of Plums has a few white blossoms on the tips of her branches.  Still recovering from having the center pruned out of the tree.  Now it's a short wide plum queen. I also sprayed both the peach trees and the plum with a spray that smothers pesky insects that damage the fruit.

 We had a power failure overnight.  So, the routine getting everything back up to speed..  Some difficulty with the Keurig coffee machine.   It just wanted to make water not coffee. That is fixed.

Neighbors down the street have half the road blocked with orange cones and trucks.  Some landscaping work.  Yesterday a sophisticated young woman dressed in clinging black was trying to sell me carpenter ant pest treatment while keeping her attention on some texts on her phone.  I would speak and she would look up...like what???  Are you trying to actually talk to me????  So, I stepped back and closed the door.

It's odd seeing Portland people (yuppies) here in my town.  Like aliens from a distant planet.

I have books to pick up at the library so will be off and driving there...next Monday I can go inside and actually LOOK at books and choose.   But not today.  I read Love at First a second time.  It was better the second time around.  Not that it wasn't wonderful the first time.

No comments: