Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Daily Notes- May 18th- Cloudy with a Chance of Sun


 The desk calendar so far this month.  Notes and seed packets lined up as reminders.  A chilly morning. I have already carried the annual trays outside to the porch.  Some needed water.  and some had spent flowers needing to be removed.  Marigolds. They like daily tending.  Return the favor with more flowers.

Husband attached the house hose to the back garden hose and spent an hour or more watering down there. I am sure the longer more deeply felt water is making everything super happy down there.  the herb seedlings had secondary, true leaves now.  No more of the tiny deep purple violets.  Just two.  Which is fine. 

My haircut is Thursday.  My hair is getting wild and curling.  Eight weeks is too long.  Six is perfect.

Katie Tur on MSNBC had her baby girl after 24 hours of labor and wanting to have the baby at home. In the end, they drove to the hospital. Fast.  The news guy telling the story was trying very hard not to laugh.The photo of Katie, her husband and their baby girl was sweet.  Mom and dad looked extremely happy.  Baby girl was asleep.

On other news shows- dogs were breaking into the rooms where interviews were being conducted to the amusement of the dog owners.  It felt like a Happy Day.  The Arizona vote count has been cancelled.  By a guy who has the authority to do just that.  Even he was smiling.  Trumps approval rating is 37%.

Yesterday I made it inside the library for the first day of inside visits.  I used my rescue inhaler but was still having trouble breathing normally.  Each of these "back to normal" events....... wow.  You don't actually feel the trauma of Covid until you get some freedom back. Some normal.  I had to rest for awhile after I got home. 

Then I read a 7 day Express book-  In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren.  I have mentioned other books by these two women (using their first names as authors)-  their most recent book was the Honey Don't List.  I also enjoyed Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating and Dating You/Hating You.  

Next book to read is Make Up- Break Up.  Another Rom Com.  That's where I am in my reading genre right now.  My horoscope for today says I don't need to be defined by my wounds.  Make peace with the past.  I'll work on that. 

No comments: