Friday, May 21, 2021

Daily Notes- Friday the 21st of May= Cloudy with a chance of Rain


 From the picture file of magazine clippings.  Great Beak!!!!

I woke up early but slept well.  I bought Tylenol PM yesterday.  I have husband cut them in half.  And that half of tablet-lets me sleep. I had run out.  I have to go into Town to pick up my inhaler prescription.  And I have a pulmonary annual visit on Monday.  I'll have to do the breathing test.  Sigh...I will ignore all that.

My oatmeal and coffee were good this morning.  On my way back from the street mailbox (to get the morning paper) I dead headed many daffodils.  I have more to do.  In the front- a smaller pale greenish yellow daffodil.  Pretty rather than ordinary. Delicate.  Just getting started.  The north side flower beds are so far behind in coming alive in Spring. But the front of the house has better flowers.    That whole side of the yard is SHOUTING thank you to me for having all those tall trees taken down last year.  Even the old lilac which hasn't made flowers in years- is fully covered in flowers.  It's going to be amazing by next week.

I am re-reading Meet Me in The Middle-  Devon Daniels.  I might have already written about this book and forgot.  But it's Washington DC politics plus a romance.  There's one sentence at the very end that made me go back and start over. One sentence that changes everything.  I am left wondering why- at the end ???  But perhaps to get some of us- romantic to the very end-- to go back and read the book again.  With fresh eyes.

I don't have any great story to tell you this morning- I haven't been out in public yet.

No comments: