Saturday, February 08, 2020

Daily Notes- February 8th

                                       

A collage from 13 years ago. I had a photo in the file and had forgotten it.  Must have snapped a picture while looking for loose collage papers in the storage tub. Fun to find it this morning. Walking down the street if you look at the right bottom closely.

What a morning.  Up early to get to the greenhouse and get copies made for handouts.  Then talking for 2 hours straight and then the after class personal moments with each person attending. I don't know when they started wanting that.  But they expect it now.  And the personal minutes are on a wide range of topics not the actual class material.  When talking about Edible Landscaping I also tell them about Permaculture.  I think they belong together.

So....the Painter is finished.  G is changing out the beige plug in switches for white.  And as with everything about this house- the new switch plate covers are not as deep as the old ones and the box is sticking out too far and there will be a gap.  He knows I can't be comfortable with a gap.  But I said I knew he was doing his best and trying very hard and I will be okay with the gap.

Now I will try and be okay with the gap.

I am taking a break from Swiffering the wood floors.  Getting up all the paint dust and paint chips.  I have the area where G is working to do. The floors look shiny and clean- I used up the entire box of Swiffer pads and most of the bottle of cleaner.  I used a lot.  We don't do well with breathing in dust. The Painter doesn't sweep. After the workers left during the bedroom/bathrooms work- I swept and wet mopped all the floors- then we got in the car and went for ice cream.  We have to wait months before we can go get ice cream.

We have been watching the TiVo recorded episodes of Jane Austen's Sandition.  The subject matter is eye brown raising.  This man was harassing a young woman and to deter him- "she took him in hand".  And G and I thought we heard it wrong but it was repeated and we got it right.  Jane Austen.  And that same "taking in hand"  character lists ways her uncle molested her as a child.  And we have a slave trader.  I would not have been surprised if this was a very late Alcott.  But not Austen.

Sounds like G is winding down on the switch plates and I can finish off my Swiffering.  Gotta go.

No comments: