Friday, February 28, 2020

Daily Notes- February 28th

                                              

An ad for linen sheets.  Wrinkly ones.  I used to iron them back in the days when I ironed everything. Everything.  Now, I don't iron anything.

Busy day today.  g picked up his new hearing aids this morning and, at the same time, I picked up my new prescription lenses.  Same frames.  It was a bit dicey there at first, but after an hour or two- seems like I have worn them all my life;  and no scratches on the left lens from rubbing my eye.

Then we picked up the daughter (after I repotted the orchid from the optometrist office), returned the repotted orchid, and then we drove on the "not the highway" to South Portland and a Mexican Restaurant with the best margaritas and the best guac.  Delicious!!!   Then Trader Joe's.  g kept telling the cashier that this was the first time were had only filled one bag. Yep.  Only the one.

I bought more tubs of the dark chocolate covered caramels.  Get me thru  Doing The Taxes.

I don't know if it was the ride in the car, the new glasses or the alcohol....but I am wiped out.  And I got an email--I now have 12 signed up for Seed Starting tomorrow morning. So I am going to shuffle paper, get it all into my greenhouse bag and then make a coffee and sit on the couch.  Call it a day.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

The best margaritas and the best guac - sounds heavenly. And I'm sure there was more goodness with it.

Liz A said...

My mom used to iron bed linens ... and for some strange reason, I got it in my mind to iron my pillowcases this week ... love the synchronicity with this post