Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Daily Notes- February 5

                                                

Cloth Collage Materials.  And seeing things from a different perspective.  I found only one additional
brown and lavender square so I started sorting thru the boxes of scraps and cut squares and found what I have in the upper third of the image.  I was doing that with the box of paper images every day last month- just sifting thru until something caught my eye.  Not always something that I was looking for.

These will be abstract cloth collage rather than ones with identifiable "story" content.  I am not able (as yet) to create a spirit animal or object- other than my flower- to inhabit my cloth surfaces- to create a story.  I may never be able to do that.  It feels like a hard push.

It's surprising how something like being able to sit at my desk and type on the computer keypad is making me so happy this morning.  Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

And the new white paint does make other things look more dingy.  I am noticing the shade on my lamp. Ick.  And white makes my desk look very cluttered.  I need to eliminate.  Clutter.  I am noticing quite a few stacks of blank index cards (now all inside the drawer).  I stopped typing to clean out the upper left drawer.  Index cards and spelling books.  For when I know a word I want to use but am unsure of it's spelling. Now the drawer is "tidy" and sparks joy?  Drawer two is full of batteries.  I think they can be stored somewhere else.  But I do need them for the keypad and the touch pad and the mouse.

My next cleaning task will be this keyboard with a lot of Q-tips.  A LOT of Q-tips.

I also- taking my cue from my dear friend Connie- finally made my appointment for a mammogram.  8:20 on Monday morning.  Been putting it off for 4 years now.  I just couldn't be bothered to make the appointment and go.  Simple as that.  But I did and I am going and that item is crossed off the "Let's Get These Things Done" list.

So- I'm back and I am staying put.  Writing to you each day.  Like I have since 2005.  Fifteen years. Why fuss with something that works huh?  Next job is putting all the paper collage images back into their containers.  Snapping on the lids.  I found nonstick paper to slide into the collage book to keep the pages from sticking together.  I added a paper flower- my flower- to the cover.  There are actually two blank pages.  Someday- when I go back and look at the book- I might have a need to add something- have something more to say.  And there will be space for that,

3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

I found my blank index cards a while ago. Just having them makes me happy

Anonymous said...

I love my index cards. They just make me happy for some reason.

As for the keyboard I use that compressed air in a can. If you're using Q-tips you get the "Patience of a Saint" award.

Joanne S said...

I used the Tips. But first I had to take out the batteries--laughing!!!!!