Monday, February 10, 2020

Daily Notes- February 10

                                                      

This is the look I am targeting with the white paint and dark hardwood floors. Right down to the wide trim boards around the doorway.  We also have wide baseboard going along the wall/floors. I wish we owned a tall cupboard like the one to the far left with the wide bowl on top (which I do own).

 But right now, G is having a real struggle with the cupboard doors. You actually might have to be inside the cupboard to get the hinges screwed in.  He was wearing his dog walking headlamp yesterday.  And still couldn't see where they go.  The original solid brass hinges (we brought with us to match to new black ones) caused the guy helping us to suggest we drive them down to one of the restoration places in Portland and sell them for "enough money to buy several bags of groceries".  Good to know.  Makes me wonder about all the other hinges we sent off to Habitat.

I was up early- 3am- the rain and ice hitting the windows- ice off the trees nearby.  It's 40 degrees right now and raining steady.  And that translates to a good slick of rain water on top of the ice covered steps and walks.  Great for slipping and cracking a few bones.

I had an appointment for a mammogram at 8am.  So we were out early.  The gal doing the mammogram said the new machine they are using- has created a problem with "re-call" appointments to do another image or two.  Is making the women coming in a second time very nervous. She was just letting me know I might need to return.  I can see how that would make a woman nervous.  And upset.  We'll see if I have to return.  I was in and out in like 20 minutes.

I finally sewed the two buttons back onto my winter coat.  Tightened the remaining buttons.  Just in case they were tempted to let loose of the coat. I have the two tubs of paper images to return to the Attic and I need to carry the gardening class materials back upstairs also.  I might have a seed starting class on the 29th.  Not for sure yet.  But until I find out- all these papers and things can be back up in the attic and not cluttering up the dining room.  I also have a "working container" of scraps for the days I feel like sewing.  Easy enough to carry back down to the sewing room if I want a clean table.

And......sad but true....I have a stack of wool remnants and pipe cleaners piled on a chair waiting to be made into wool Christmas Animals.  That never actually happened. I'll look and see if I have an empty tub to put all those supplies into with a big label on the side.  To remind me of the contents and the intentions for next Christmas. And then carry it up into the Attic.

But right now-- I am going to put drops in my eyes and sit on the couch with my eyes closed and if Fate will allow such a thing to happen- fall asleep.


2 comments:

jaime said...

you have good taste. I really like the light/white in the stairway.It reminds me of Nantucket.

Unknown said...

If you're trying to lose kilograms then you absolutely have to jump on this totally brand new custom keto diet.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional chefs joined together to develop keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, cost-efficient, and delightful.

Since their grand opening in 2019, hundreds of clients have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto diet can give.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones offered by the keto diet.