Saturday, February 22, 2020

Daily Notes- February 22

                                          

Still Life.   My rattan chair from our first year of marriage.  The little apartment.  The new baby.  No people. (in the South they ask "who are your people?")  The draft notice.  And the stuff of today:  The Washing Machine Pages Notebook, my pens- one leaks on my fingers- I never know which one it is- the phone charging cord.  A small folded quilt with some of my favorite cloth- hardly any of these left. One small square of the brown dots.  Saved for something "worthy".

Morning.  Freezing cold.  Very bright sun reflecting off the ice covered snow.  G is going to have to navigate all the ice covered snow out back to fill the bird feeders.  This must be done.  They come here to eat.  In other Winters- he would have made nice paths with the snowblower thru the season.  But it was broken and now- with the new one- he can't plow thru hard ice.  So he will step slowly and not break an ankle or knee, we hope. As I don't think I would be much help in rescuing him.

I am finding some comfort in having this little image of Vincent on the desktop with his lovely swirling blue sky behind him.  We make eye contact. He is very serious.  Frowning perhaps?  What is that Woman doing?

G thought today was Sunday.  I think I need a second cup of coffee.  I have one more episode of Howard's End to watch.  I am planning to make vegetable lo mein today.  I think. Might make brownies.  Most likely.  And baked sweet potatoes with butter.  I'll check if the Roasted Brussels Sprouts in the freezer are edible (not spoiled by the freezer not working that one day).  If yes, then I will have them with the sweet potato.

And I might-- I can't say for sure because this could just become such a mess- see if G can find my app so I can type notes into pages.  I have the dictionary but not the paper icon with the pencil.  It's gone.  I like to type notes to copy and hand out in my classes.  Haven't done that since I typed the How to Plant Garlic notes.  This is when I wish we had a young adult grandchild who could do these things for us.  Find the Pages app.  This is when I wish I still had a typewriter.

No comments: