Sunday, January 05, 2020

Daily Notes- January 5th

                                                     

The Collage Prompt was to use something you liked in your booklet.  I had picked this collaged flower out of one of my very old journals.  Heavy paper to heavy paper with glue stick- things come off easily.  The page I pasted things down on is a bronze wrapping paper with a shiny surface.  the matt side is folded over to the right of the flower itself.  And I added Target dots.  Every page will have Target dots as a unifier.  For the flower- years ago- I painted pages from a sewing book and then ripped them apart and made things out of the ripped paper.  I also used ink to make the leaves etc.

                                                    

My tree.  I actually like it but my husband said it was terrible.  And had been much more terrible before this.  I would like to cover up the Jackson Pollack on the bottom.  It was a good idea that didn't work as I imagined it.  But let's just think of it as a autumnal ground cover shall we?  I stuck the little circle there but I have a picture without it.  But not right now, it seems.  Now that I see it here the little Target circle is coming off.

We went to Goodwill and I got three half price linen shirts.  Good colors that I needed.  The red one is fantastic. It has a circular design in the same color over all.  So "interesting" surface as well as color. Texture.  Last night as the Patriots were losing, I went and got the very messy basket of Goodwill linen shirts and shook them out, folded in the sleeves and then rolled them into tall cylinders.  I stacked them, ends up and down and then took notice of the colors I had.  What I needed. One purchase was a white linen shirt with many fat pleats in the front.  If it had been my size I would wear it- I love how it looks.  But I am thinking I will make something special that will benefit from pleats in the design.

As I look at my tree, I am hoping one of the coming prompts gives me some reason to cover up some of the Jackson.

4 comments:

ACey said...

okay I'll give you a customized prompt: Cover up anything in your booklet that looks like Jackson Pollock stayed overnight and left a mess behind the next day.

me-ml said...

:D
y'all are having too much fun!
go for IT!

Deb Lacativa said...

I love dismembering garments with pleats. SO much yardage once the stitch-picking is finished.

Marti said...

Hi Joanne, This is Marti one of grace's friends. (I live in New Mexico)and I also have known Acey from a while back. I don't have a blog but I do comment on a lot of blogs within our community.

While I'm not part of the collage challenge, I did make a collage today in response to Acey's day 5 morning post. Wanted to come here and tell you that I very much appreciate your comments on grace's blog and I for one, think your tree with a tad of Jackson Pollock is grand. I'm not making a booklet because I am stitching away on one of my dyed cloths at the moment. However, I did feel an urge to make a collage today due to the spark that came from looking at Acey's statue. The image reminded me of La Virgin de Guadalupe(an icon very much revered here in New Mexico). Before I knew it, I was sorting, ripping, cutting and pasting. To me that is the sheer joy of collage; that spark that digs in and ignites the need to tell a story...