Friday, January 03, 2020

Daily Notes- January 3rd

                                       

Spirit Cloth mentioned her new house has pale yellow walls.  All of the rooms.  I have these faux painted yellow walls for a few more days or so after having painted them the week prior to 2000's New Year.  The painter will need to work on them- the faux was oil based.   Here on the mantel a favorite purchase from years ago.  I have a pair of them. I tend to buy two for symmetry.  The star is one I folded- origami- that Winter a few years ago.  This one using a page from a book of maps.

One bookcase is packed away.  One entire dish cupboard in the kitchen was re-imagined and now contains so much more and looks more spacious.  Another group of bags and boxes was delivered to Goodwill.  The bookcase to the left of the fireplace holds Hummels collected over many many years of G traveling in Europe.  They will need careful cleaning and then packing.

And I need to stop somewhere to ask for two boxes to store liquor bottles.  I have quite a few bottles- none opened.  And in that same space a Chinese Tea Set and an Irish Tea Set and other small items from foreign travels.  Those I can pack also.  That's my task for today.  I have tissue paper.  Boxes out in the garage need to be opened and taped.

On my morning walks with Riley on Garbage Days in early November- we selected "good boxes" from our neighbor's recycling- they all seemed to be doing early Christmas shopping in November or were just avid shoppers.  And I stopped in at work in the days they were getting in the Christmas stuff and got a few good boxes- nothing too large.  Neither G nor I could carry a large heavy box up the stairs to the big Attic. Smaller ones- we'll see how that goes but my way of doing it is to lift a box up two steps and then another until I get to the top.  No carrying them in my arms.  I am "tippy" enough on stairs- without adding a box.

Watched BBC news on the Australian fires.  I didn't know Australia dug and shipped coal as a major element of their economy and the economies of other countries.  And burned coal in their power plants.  They may have created their own hell on Earth.

The big truck is here to pick up the snowblower.  Hope they can fix it today.

I have to use the touch pad as my mouse has stopped working.  Sorry if  I didn't correct all the mistakes!!!


2 comments:

ACey said...

the folded star is awesome!

Liz A said...

and I do so love maps ...