Thursday, January 02, 2020

Daily Notes- January 2

                                     

My first sheet of dots.  Colored.  And an image of the color way/design of my collage book.  The one I am making this month.  I have been sorting thru stacks of magazine tear-outs from years of tearing out pictures.  I used them in my journals but also had a tub of them ready for doing future journal pages.  I liked to have a picture pasted to the pages and I would write all around the pictures.  So many very nice pictures in those many many journals.  Easier to remove from the oldest books.  I used more glue stick in the more recent years.

I also plan to draw and paint a few things to use in my collage book.  And yes, this is the Target logo/bag design.  With multiple sizes of the circles.  These days it's just one big circle.

The food cupboard- well, I looked in the left side where G's stuff is stored and found a full, unopened box of MY cereal.  Yes!  The Magic Food Cupboard!!!!! Well, just this once- there is nothing else in there.  Later today the Polish pottery dishes will get stacked in the very back.  While the Painter is here.  Painting. Everything. White.  Except for the dark brown hardwood floors.  Which look delicious with the white.

Very very cold here in Maine. No sun.  Everything out the windows is brown, black or white (looks like the collage stuff up top and my home- a theme).  A squirrel was on the window sill this morning, little paws on the window, standing, belly pressed to the glass- wanting to come inside or wanting me to feed him. I wasn't quick enough to get his picture.

We will be going out for a ride in the car later.  I called in a prescription for my inhaler and we need a few additional food supplies.  G has soup to eat but I need something to eat that is warmer than carrot sticks and hummus. We have eaten almost all of the Christmas food.  G has announced that there are NO More Cookies.  And he would like me to make more.

But first job today is emptying one of the units next to the fireplace. I have boxes and newspaper for packing and tape for closing the boxes.  And in a few days, the tree needs to be undecorated and taken down.  I usually wait until Epiphany.  The 12th day of Christmas.  My knowledge of these things/dates isn't all that great  so if any of you know the exact date- please let me know.


1 comment: