Saturday, January 25, 2020

Daily Notes- January 25th

                                                

Today's Collage prompt 24.   Story of Yourself.  Above, Below and Within.

I immediately wanted to use the wing chair.  The image is just the structure, no padding, springs or upholstery.  Just the bones.  Of a Chair.  That holds (within).  And in the back of the chair I wanted a loving mother and child.  One leg of the chair, in front, (below). Very prickly.  Time (the date due stamps) wanted to be in the collage. And the flowers. And the hand/arm holding cloth and flowers.  Our Fearless Leader will explain all this to me.  I like this one.  It feels genuine.

What a day.  Up so EARLY.  Retired People.  We get so used to not having to be anywhere and just drifting.  But today I had to Be At Work.  Class went along very nicely.  I just had to provide soil, pebbles, moss and advice occasionally.  Everyone created a lovely Fairy Garden.  Which is just a dish garden with a story.  A path, a fairy, something tall, flowers.  I made one for sale in the store.  I added one of the wooden mushrooms with the word "love"  written on it.

The Painter arrived solo- no helper.  So he just patched the ceiling cracks in the L shaped section of the ceiling. and will return to sand and patch a second and possibly third time.  The weakest point in the ceiling, I guess.  He assured me it will crack again.

I am thirsty.  My body cells must be low on water.  I am also tired.  Today was the first Time I have driven my car in what feels like months.  Isn't but feels that way.

I was going to read today but eyes feel dry and exhausted.  Yes, my eyes feel exhausted. I have nothing else for you- oh, I do have another class added to my Spring Activities.  Seed Starting. And the store no longer carries the Seed Starter the Pot Growers always purchased.  Damn.  I was going to give it a spin.  Not to grow pot but to see if it was fantastic for my vegetable seeds.  I really miss the Pot Growers with their low slung jeans and wallets on chains and only crisp 100's.  Where do they get them? And the way they parsed their questions prior to legalization.  "The Product" has tiny white insects on it.  The Product might be consumed so what won't kill the consumer?

The teens (working the cash registers and their cell phones) would ask me if I "knew" what the product was.  I said "I was in college studying Art in 1964 to 1968-- what do you think?"  It really wasn't "something" until closer to 66. Acid was more of a problem. Not for me. My dad was a cop. He'd kill me straight away if I messed up in ANY way. If I embarrassed him.

1 comment:

ACey said...

it does look and feel quite authentic. I like the way the soft color palette and general feeling tone contrasts with the thistle.