Sunday, January 26, 2020

Daily Notes- January 26th

                                          

Collage Prompt 25.  These three pieces of paper have been traveling in close proximity waiting for a prompt that was "all about them".   And this morning- I was given permission to use images that have been congregating in the paper images box.  The very large red poppy.  I look at with each prompt. Trying to find a way to use it.  The frog.  The lovely strong silent Warrior.

And here they are this morning.  I made one other-  pasted it in the back over even-- but these had to be in the book.  I love them.  The book is getting full and will no longer lie flat.  So with shiny images- the taking of photos is getting more difficult because of glare.

The only comments I am getting on the blog these days- are from collage companions.  I think I have lost most regular readers with this challenge.  Though I try with these paragraphs to re-connect.

My husband says- "whatever happens was meant to happen".  A very untypical comment from him. But I will roll with it.  I like having an artistic task to begin the day.  Something to think about and puzzle over while I eat my cereal and read the newspaper.  I can already see how this paper collage will inform my work with cloth.  I was pointing in this direction (with uncertainty) but didn't understand how it worked. I am learning.

The sun is shining (and now it's not).  41 degrees (very warm for January in Maine) and humidity is 99%.  The black asphalt of the street and the white of the snow this morning.  Some brown from the trees.  Contrasts with my collage up top. This week's oil delivery was over $700.

I am thinking we will go to Goodwill after G finishes his exercises (for his back).  I have a "feeling" there might be something there today that I might want or need.  No idea what that might be. I go with an open mind.  I keep wanting to find a soft old 100% cotton bed sheet.  But I might find an old set of napkins or a dresser scarf.  Or even a tablecloth.  I also am always wanting to find just one more pair of corduroy pants.  Bean must have discontinued them when I wasn't paying attention.  I do have the ability to mend and repair.  So even though I will look well and truly strange in patched pants- I will wear them until I can't mend them anymore.

Just so you know- I am that way with friends as well.  I will patch us together for the long haul.  Which reminds me- my sweater has lost a button.

3 comments:

DianeN said...

I am still reading and find the collages very interesting. Each one seems to be more meaningful than the last.

I would never have enough images to do this. You must have been collecting them a very long time.

ACey said...

So it wasn't just the dog, eh?

this is a great spread. It's always great to work with/view complimentary color studies. Everything's balanced color-wise. Collage-wise in your skilled hands.

Deb Lacativa said...

I like this one. A lame comment, but I've been reading and watching all of the stitchers gone to cut and pasters. You are J. I just hit J in the url box and your blog pops up. There are five others that I'm standing back and watching. Removed but still interested in your outcome. It's been interesting and you've created some very nice work. It's very different from the slowness of stitching, isn't it? A nice change of pace in the middle of a very long season.