Thursday, January 16, 2020

Daily Notes- January 16th

                                                  

Prompt 15.  Something about my own original work and how it corresponds with my collage work- I don't remember exactly but this is what I made. What I recalled.  I didn't write it down. I thought I would remember....... I may start drawing more on my pages.

The image at the bottom middle is from a magazine. Above it a slice of postcard.  The rest is me- pastel crayons used in my left hand- I am right handed.  So a lack of control.  Had to be loose.  The pastels are the older ones in a wooden box.  Just what was on the table.  Next to the glue stick. A very strange assortment of colors.  Unorganized use of the pastels.

The pastels improved with the addition of the white crayon.  This is the first page of the additional pages sewn into the center of my collage book yesterday or the day before.  A sort of grey flecked typing paper.  I think we used it with the big office copier.  The copier I use now- small and simple- doesn't like this paper. Not thin and smooth enough.

We went to see Little Women.  I cried thru the entire movie.  I also cried during the preview- they had a movie with a dog- Call of the Wild. Little Women didn't have a dog and the story was the same but so different in the way the director filmed it and it was very emotional.  I was named after Jo.  Little Women was her favorite book.  My mother that is.  She tried to name me for all the other sisters starting with Amy but my father said no and finally said yes to Jo.  In the movie, and the book, I found little to love about Amy.  And I wonder what my mother saw that made her love that sister best.

Thinking about my mother is never a good thing.  It's a really really bad thing.  I will go see the movie again.  Cathartic.  Just to see Jo.

4 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

you are really SOMEtHING....this is GREAT, FREE,
spontaneously ARISINg Collage Phenomena
YES YES AND YES

Mo Crow said...

I haven't seen Little Women as I loved Jo in that book so much when I was 10!

ACey said...

Love seeing the pastel inclusions and also the way you work with what's there right in front of you. I find that the most satisfying sometimes like it's a literal putting back together of thoughts. *never* good to have mother thoughts.

scribbling must have helped ...

deemallon said...

Haven’t seen the movie yet but I thought everyone loved Jo the best. I cried seeing Just Mercy the night before last.