Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Daily Notes- January 22

                                    

 Collage Prompt 21- A treasure box of dreams and wishes.

Top left corner- an older couple crossing a bridge together (crossing a Life together), spices, a rainbow, Space which I think of as Eternity, down the right side the Moon, Saturn,  Assorted images that made me happy and the bare feet in sandals (always) and my fifth grade elephant and tools.  Both about my father.  He could make something out of nothing.  He grew up the hard way in the Great Depression.  His motto: if one has the tools you can create anything.

The Center- my dream of a new kitchen in this house or in a Future house.  Open. Just so very very Open. The room where I spend most of my Life.  The Center of Who I Am.

We went to see the Last Jedi.  We liked it very much.  I liked seeing Harrison Ford again.  And it closed the loop that began so many years ago when our very young son wanted to see the first movie- repeatedly and one parent had to go with.

The Sun is very bright today and it's 29 degrees.  We think that's "warm".  The Sun is creating long shadows in front of the trees.  The snow in the yard (front, side and back) is traced with animal tracks. So many of them crossing and running.  Riley would have been eager to get outside this morning to stick his nose in every indent- to sniff who and what was there overnight. He would have been very very busy today. Could actually be out there and we just can't see him.

I have bills to pay and mail to get ready for our daily trip out of the house. Post Office, Lunch, Library, Grocery Store.  G is doing his stretching exercises.  He didn't do them yesterday. Mistake. I need to buy more shortbread cookies.  Some cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches.  I found the bread in the freezer on the porch.  And I think I will make onion soup one of these days.  I have a recipe where the onions get cooked in the slow cooker and then the soup is made on the stove. G and I both adore onion soup. French Onion Soup.  With the cheese crouton on top.

If I haven't replied to a comment left here on the blog- I, yes me, cannot comment on my own blog. It just doesn't allow me to do it.  Crazy ass Blogger.


3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

You used the dragonfly tissue...
I cannot bring self to cut it

ACey said...

This is just exquisite. I love how you managed to fit it all in there somehow.

My grandmother was something like your father. In her version it was: if you save everything you can make any tool and then whatever else you need with the thing you just made.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I enjoyed this collage, so fun to think of dreams, mine and someone else's. Also, the description of your yard was wonderful.