Saturday, January 04, 2020

Daily Notes- January 4

                                         

Playing catch up today on sparklinglotusink.typepad.com which is sponsoring a collage booklet challenge for the month of January and I am late- tardy for class- and worked very very diligently this morning (just finished) and there were tears and a tantrum but it's all okay now.  The first prompt was three circles (or more).  I decided to collage the circles from magazine flower images, library date due stickers (from when I worked at the library) and the target circles.  Mostly to cover up the name and address of the store where the bag came from.

                                        

Prompt Two was to tear an image up and then rearrange it on a page in your booklet.  This was a very nice Matisse of a woman reading on the full two page spread.  You are seeing the center.  I added a small amount of date due and Target circles and the shiny torn strips- continuity.

I have to go to the collage site to see what today's prompt is and then get busy.  But I am pretty excited to have my booklet made and days one and two done.  It's a specific image that you want to use with three additions of small things.  So I will go back through my collection of images and find something.  And add three things to it.

I feel good about the continuity thing.  That will be important to my sensibilities as we work thru the rest of January.

It's supposed to rain.  We have almost a foot of "frozen in place" snow and ice, so rain is exactly what we need today.  G and I are NOT very sure the Patriots will win today.  But we'll be watching.  No pizza today.  I forgot and we just didn't want to go to the grocery store again.  G has soup. And I have leftover tomato rice, cheese and black beans. I don't think I have any avocado left.  But that would be appreciated.  And we are out of onions.  So many recipes call for an onion and I just can't make any of them until we buy an onion- even pizza.  Needs an onion.

3 comments:

ACey said...

Pretty snazzy work if you ask me. Love how you incorporated the target logo after so much effort to get it this far. Upon reflection it seems a lot of things worth doing require tears and a tantrum these days.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the information on the 30 day challenge. I think I will do it also.

Liz A said...

belatedly joining you here after learning from Acey that you are collaging along ... love the self-made red target backed by due date stamps (I spent most of my career in libraries)