Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Daily Notes- July 9


My "new" and slightly wonky shelving units.  The largest stack to the upper right is plain cloth. Old linens, white cotton yardage from an old soft bolt, etc that I can use to eco print.  When I find things of color out in the garden.  The darkest peonies would have been wonderful in the steamer but I realized that too late.  But I did collect a few that hadn't dropped all their petals and a few others past prime time in the geranium pot.

The stack in the lower left are cloths I have eco printed in my kettle.  Yellow (onion skins), grey/black (leaves and iron water in various degrees), darkest is what happens with tin cans and iron water.  I watched a demo on a blog site of eco printing on watercolor paper rolled around a blackened tin can, tied with cloth strings, steamed.  I very much want to do that.  And then go in with a fine tip black ink to make line drawings.  Paper, ink, line and splotch.  The things I love most of all.

I wish I could draw on the cloth I make  --well, I have no idea what I make cloth into. That's sort of the problem.  What am I making with the cloth????

Perhaps I can make something good from eco print paper to send as my Christmas card this December.  Rather than a commercial card as I have for the past few years.

I just stopped making.  I don't know why exactly.  I think life and living just became more complicated than I was aware.  And I got lost in all that and forgot about JOY.

And more evident as I try and work thru this---I have lost focus.  I have no plan as I work.  No idea of what I am saying in the cloth.  My daughter looks and says "what is it?" and I say......  Daughter did really like the polka dot baby quilt.  Said it was Amazing!!!!  Everything a baby would want in a sensory experience.  So I got that right.

Music Theater tonight.  Treasure Island.  Getting rave reviews.  It's something new and original.  I'm going to have a gin and tonic before we go.  See if alcohol makes a difference in my enjoyment levels.  And I'll make sure G has fresh batteries in his hearing aids.  One died just as the house lights went down last time.

No comments: