Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Daily Notes- July 23rd


Baby Cow.  Used to have a wide border of two inch soft white squares.  Which you can see, I removed.  I started sewing little one inch yellow and pink squares together but stopped to go into the living room.  G was watching a loud adventure movie and it was too noisy for stitching.  And then the mail arrived and I had French fabric scraps to unfold, smooth out and stack and fold and sort and fold and just have a whole lot of fun with.

There was also Hallmark Mysteries with a McBride detective show.  Not bad but I kept trying to figure out when it was made.  Seemed old.  But they had cell phones.  It was pretty old fashioned. Sort of like Perry Mason.  The women all had sprayed and teased hair, push up bras and way too much makeup. Like Trump's first wife.

I stitched French scraps to my other French scraps during McBride and PBS News Hour, Antiques Roadshow then switched to Diners, Drive In's and Dives.  I also multitasked by re-heating left over pizza for G.  My method?  I put the pizza slices in the oven on the pizza stone and then turn the oven on.  As it heats up--so does the pizza.

Riley is just back from his short walk in the woods.  Just enough to get all his "business" attended to, but not too much.  He is trying to catch his breath.  I have started giving him am and pm tranquilizers.  At the same time I give him the Amoxicillin.  G said the dog stayed right next to him the whole time.  Which is not the way it has been.  Riley is an "off road" sort of walker.  Running off and then shooting out of the woods ahead of G.  An old dog these days.  He is now asleep.

The sweetest thing is happening.  Riley won't sleep in the bedroom anymore (he's afraid-something must have happened one night).  He and G sleep in the tv room.  G on the couch.  But early in the morning, after they go out (4 or 5am) for Riley to pee-Riley walks down the hall and sleeps on the carpet next to the bed where I am sleeping.  I can tell he is scared but he wants to be there with me.  Just typing this brings tears to my eyes.  The long goodbye.

So....a rainy day.  Always good for reading, sewing, doing quiet things. No need for thinking about things in the garden.  Whatever happens out there will be fine until the sun shines again.  The three of us in the tv room-- reading and Riley sleeping.  G will most likely fall asleep after a few pages. I have less than 100 pages to go in my murder mystery.  I have no idea who killed Harry's wife.  Right now Harry is out in an ice covered river after trying to commit suicide.  Whose's blue polka dot dress was caught in the tree in the water????

1 comment:

Quiet and Sun by Alexa said...

Like a first Trump wife - I laugh out loud :D

My blog