Thursday, July 18, 2019

Daily Notes- July 18th


A few Winter's ago-- certainly not last Winter or the one before that-- I made a "page" of one inch squares out of a very soft old cloth.  I sat alone and stitched.  Yesterday, I took apart that sheet of tiny squares and then sewed the little nine patches with a new center for each.  It was "picky" work removing the center square and replacing it.  But, I am happiest with "picky" work.  Now there are four.

I remember making more than one plain white "page" but I cannot find any of the others.  And I have looked.  I may cut more cloth and make more plain soft white squares.  To be sewn with the colored squares.  My Components.  Now that I have enough of the one inch--on to making the two inch.  Plenty of already cut 2 inch squares from my other project.  Colors.  I will need white and perhaps something dull and beige or grayish.  And I think the purpose of this new class is to have on hand many different choices when making blocks. Not to be specifically "making" anything.  Just to have a supply of materials ready for "what iffing".  So I will need darks.  In the one inch and the 2 inch.

Riley is sleeping.  He had a good night.  Not the best day, yesterday, as there were moments of great sadness here.  He looked frail.  He looked like he was in pain.  He trembled.  He wandered aimlessly. But this morning, clear eyes and easy sleep.  Relaxed body.  And so it goes.  One day at a time.

I am hindered in my daily tasks by pain in the bones of my right hip and thigh.  I am fine right now-sitting here.  I am fine washing dishes at the sink.  I am not fine walking any distance.  When this happened last time--a full Xray of my hip  and leg produced nothing but that it all looked normal.  "nothing to see here".   My ligaments need stretching they said.  Walking is the best exercise for that.
Okay.  Thank you very much for the help.

By the way, my jaw isn't locked tight anymore.  It occasionally makes a terrific "crack" when I am chewing something but I am pain free 95% of the time.  There is still some reluctance in the jaw bones or ligaments to open WIDE enough for 40 minutes of tooth cleaning.  And the little crackling voices the bones make--well, I'm getting used to hearing them. But no pain.  And for that--I am most grateful.

I have two really good books to read.  I keep putting off beginning to read either of them.  I don't know why.  Well, I do.  My eyes are very tired.  More truthfully--I am very tired.  I go to bed tired and wake up tired.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband had hip pain and they did x-rays, telling us nothing was wrong. Finally an MRI was done and it turned out it was torn tendons (which don't show up on an x-ray).

Perhaps an MRI would help diagnose your problem.