Sunday, July 21, 2019

Daily Notes- July 21


As you can see--it's a stay inside the house day for the three of us.  Riley wanted a walk and they were out about 10 to 15 minutes and then Riley raced--well walked faster than usual-- over to the hose and got soaked with cold water.   The bright spot is the kitchen skylight.  Indoor temp at the bottom is 74 with 54% humidity.  Window A/C units are set on 73.  We're pretty comfortable but waiting for it to start raining.  Bright sun comes and goes.

Another of the tomato box support systems fell over and lost lots and lots of the little green tomato babies..  Not sure the stems of the plants weren't damaged.  The other one is "recovering" which means- not dead but not growing.  We'll see.  G added some supports to the side of the boxes facing the driveway.  The wind seems to come from behind and "blow them down" matey!!  I got one pickling cucumber.  That's all that has grown so far.  It was delicious.

Todays' adventure to Goodwill.  A Crate and Barrel mug with indigo blue flowers and leaves on white.  It was large, had a good sized handle (easy to grip) and looked nice.  One dollar.  I purchased a turquoise/aqua zip front running or Cross fit type clothing item.  Daughter's color. $5.  I should have kept it to give her next month on her birthday.  No fabric.  No linen shirts.

And, Connie, I have on a new (to me) pair of the Bean black knit pants.  Feels nice.

I also decided to turn the mattress 10 days early.  I was washing the sheets and just decided to get it over with and turn the mattress.  It came with instructions to turn every 3 months.  Well, actually, rotate.  The head part to the foot.  I turn the mattress clockwise.

I woke up hearing Riley's sleeping snuffle sounds.  He'd thrown up on his dog bed in the living room and decided it wasn't so scary to come sleep on the bedroom carpet (his usual spot for 12 years) where there was no throw up.  If only he'd decide it was a safe place to sleep again.

I started reading a book yesterday and got halfway.  So, because it's a really good book--I will be reading the second half today.  The Knife- Jo Nesbo.  Harry Hole.  He's a drunk, drug addict at times and the best police (special crimes) detective in Norway.  They made a movie of one of his books--The Snowman--but seemed to have messed it up.  The book was horrific. Well, they are all horrific. The things that have been done to Harry.  I'd drink and take drugs.

I had toast for breakfast with strawberry rhubarb jam.  Coffee.  My pickling cucumber.  A few corn chips G shared with me.  He was eating lunch.  Riley had a tooth cleaning treat.  He likes them better than food.

No comments: