Monday, July 08, 2019

Daily Notes- July 8th


My right hip hurts.  Long ago and far way-we owned our first new car.  This one-or very much like this one--$1200 new.  And on a drive one afternoon, we got hit from the side.  The right side.  The car plowed right into that right side door.  And me.

We got the car repaired.  I suffered for a week or two.  Bruised and battered.  But ....just kept going. Seven and a half months later our son was born.  I was a few weeks pregnant at the time of the accident and refused pain meds and a Xray at the hospital.  Somehow I knew.

Anyway.  Can't do the daily dog walk with G and Riley.  Am missing the walk but not the heat, humidity and the mosquitos.  G and I are working on building tomato supports to go around the Grow Boxes.  The tomato plants are growing like wild jungle plants.  Sungold and Snow White cherry tomatoes.  It has not been a smooth process.  G over thinks and over designs.  I simplify.

We just got back from G's semi-annual visit to the doctor.  He asked me to come along at the last minute and its hot outside so we had to leave Riley home alone.  I can trace the dog's steps as he drooled all over the hardwood floors while we were gone.  But it was okay.  Nothing destroyed.

I'm going to be helping on the construction of two more tomato cages ???).  Watering the garden.  Making a big jar of refrigerator pickles.  The bread and butter ones I made Saturday -well, the little peppers I added were too "hot" and G is not a fan of hot spicy food and will perhaps have one or two thin slices of pickle and then no more. Sigh.  As my kids and I used to say--all the Time--more for us.
Is it any wonder that as the years go by...I have just about stopped cooking???

No comments: