Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Daily Notes- July 30th


Riley and I checking on the little green tomatoes.  I know there are Readers who like seeing Riley.  And he's still a handsome dog with shiny eyes and perky ears.  He's having a hard day today.  His throat is stiff and it's hard for him to breath.  Labs gets this problem with the larynx as they age. I think it's spelled wrong but spell check isn't helping.  But he still wanted his daily walk.

I have been up longer- reading blogs in bed on the phone.  Bad new habit. And I have sorted a huge bag of 6 inch squares that I cut for a French appliqué project that--when finally sewn together (just a sample)--looked horrendous.  Really terrible. I could never had gone forward with it.  So it got un-sewn and today I sorted into piles the hundreds (not really) of different fabrics.  It just seemed like hundreds.  I had piles on the table, chairs and finally on the floor.  While I sorted I had long (well for a dog) conversations with Riley on how important it was to sit down or lie on his bed or drink water or remember I had already taken him outside four times already.  He didn't care.

Today is my son's birthday.  He's far away but as I wrote in my Morning Pages, he's been far away since he was 4 and realized (as children do) that he was far more intelligent than his parents or thought he was. I believe in reincarnation and that the child chooses his new life for whatever reasons. I'm thankful for his intelligence, kindness, love and care that he gives to his parents and sister. And for the wonderful man he has become.  If he lived close we would bake a cherry pie together and perhaps play rummy around the dining room table like we used to when he was home from college in the summers.

I forgot to send him a birthday card.

I sent him an email last night-so he could read it on his phone this morning with the picture of me and the tomatoes.   And I said I would still send a card-eventually.........

Music theater tonight and daughter is coming to enjoy the AC after a day of landscaping work and also to watch cable and take care of Riley.  Music theater is Hello Dolly an old chestnut.  But I'm sure it will be fun.  The Actress playing Dolly always does a fantastic job of being entertaining and making the audience laugh.  We loved her in Singing in the Rain as the voice coach for the "actress" with the terrible voice.  She delivers a line and then looks out at the audience.... and we love it.
 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good to see Riley,sorry he's not doing well
Annie

Life Scraps and Patches said...

And there is Riley! I'm loving the pictures.