Sunday, July 07, 2019

Daily Notes- July 7th


G's brother Roger made this wooden bear from a big chunk of wood using a chain saw.  It's small for a log (about 2-2.5 feet long) but it's really heavy.  And Roger mailed it to us.  Ten or 12 years ago. When I worked at the library.  Toward the end of that 10 year period.  The Bear has been on the front porch, under cover, since then. I think I've had it on the blog before.  But I was thinking about him.

 A tender face, huh?  A tender man.  He used only the chain saw to do the work.  With a light hand.

The Soccer is finished.  The USA Women's Team Won The World Cup.  It was a good game.  The Netherlands Team was a fitting rival.  They left everything on the field.  No regrets. New York City is organizing a huge parade.

I went out early (for me) to the grocery store.  I had forgotten to pick up my inhaler refill yesterday. I needed it this morning.  And I bought fruit and salad things for me.  Meat and cheese for G.  Chips.
No bread.  I went to that section but none of it looked delicious to me.

Yesterday after soccer: I made up 7 jars of bread and butter zucchini pickles.  Good thing I did.  I went out to the garden and all the zucchini plants are only making boy flowers.  The girl flowers are dropping off unfertilized.  I need bees.  No baby zucchini out there.  None at all.  I will need to go out and pollinate the girls by hand.  But right now the sprinkler is on..

I haven't been reading class posts.  For the patchwork class I am taking.  Sigh.  I have the cloth ready. But perhaps Jude isn't posting until next week.  Perhaps we are all supposed to be gathering things.? I don't know.

Riley is in here panting. He went outside with G and stayed in the sun.  and a black dog in the sun in July isn't a really smart thing.  So I lied to him about going for a ride in the car and got him in the house.  Bad me.  And now I get to listen to him pant and try and cool down.  I would  suggest he walk over to the AC unit and let it blow on his hot little self. OHHHH--he had drooled all over my nice hardwood floors--gotta grab a towel.


No comments: