Friday, May 03, 2019

Daily Notes- May 3rd

And that's how it goes here.

Last night was better.  I don't know if it was the return call from the Vet. The Melatonin.  Or if it was just the way the Earth was spinning yesterday.  Riley seems normal today.  His eyes are bright and cognitive. Both of my guys got a better than usual night's sleep.

I drove to the grocery in Town twice in 30 minutes yesterday.   First time I purchased the wrong dosage Melatonin and it had other stuff in the list of additions.  With dogs there can't be any sugary additives.  So back I drove and returned the ones I had purchased and got the vegan ones in the correct dosage  3mg.  Vegan stuff has nothing added.  The list on the back is for only one thing--rice flour for the capsule.

I got the same cashier.  Stephen.  He said "long time no see".  Our grocery is undergoing a facelift. Most of the older citizens are very confused by this.  Causing much stress in the employees.  I don't know why--95% of everything is in exactly the same place.  I think it's the new shelving.  Taller and more face forward. In the fish section, I found these cool little containers of five big fat cooked shrimp with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.  Never had that before.  I plan to buy them when it's warmer.

Another interesting thing-- the salad bar contains hard boiled eggs you can add to your salad.  I have seen people carrying a salad container full to the top with only the eggs.  Like a dozen HB eggs.  I don't understand it. How much more could this cost?

And the sushi cooler is now stocked with the most amazing items.  Even a platter of all sorts of sushi. In the cooler next to the roasted chickens is a shelf of tofu Pad Thai, teriyaki noodles and lots of other new things. The Wing Bar is still full of all the old favorites.  G likes the Wing Bar.

And we now have Groceries to Go.  So lots of the traffic in the aisles is store employees shopping for people who don't want to shop for themselves.  They just drive up, I guess, and the employee loads up the car.  Life in my Town is getting to be quite "different" and "affluent".  Also the average age in my town is over 65.  Perhaps will become the farthest north Sun City????

I went to Goodwill yesterday looking for soft thin cloth for Jude's class.  Instead I found Crate and Barrel linen napkins --2 for one dollar.  Brand new.  And a pale sandy pink embroidered top in the super small sized clothing.  Silk and linen.  Soft, thin cloth.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your grocery sounds like a fun place to shop. I plan to do some online grocery shopping soon so I'll know how to do it when I get "old.'