Monday, May 13, 2019

Daily Notes- May 13th


From the "way back" time.  Enough green here to work with our May project with Jude.  Too much blue perhaps.  I am thinking of building on one of the Pages I hand stitched together.  As the base.  Go from there.  I visited the Ragmates Instagram site--classmates are already making things.  I'm still looking, listening and thinking.

There are some (Grace) who will never want to stitch a seam to join two pieces of cloth.  Eeeeeee! says Grace.  And, me, I love it.  I love making 9's.

Walk and coffee in Town today with my friend.  Very nice.  It started out as a chilly morning and warmed up as we walked in the neighborhood around the Maine Street area.  Older homes.  1900's.  Mostly broken up into multiple apartments.  Weedy yards.  Wild Oats (our local bakery/sandwich shop) had a wonderful oat and maple loaf--just made overnight.  I bought one and asked for it to be sliced.  It's senior discount day.  So the young man named a price and then tried to slide his eyes up to assess my age.  I laughed.  He laughed.  A new price. The senior price.

Then the grocery store.  I was out of Cream of Wheat cereal for my breakfast.  Then home and on the daily walk in the Commons behind our property with Riley.  Not much in the woods is green.  So I collected some fresh white pine and a handful of Jerusalem artichoke leaves.  A garden pest.  I have them soaking in hot iron water--and I will use them to steam some pattern into the cloth I did last week.  The "mistake" cloth which is fine if you like grey/beige without marks. I also have Lily of the Valley coming up.  Another pest plant.  And toxic.

Anon- you will be pleased to read that I found a website with process videos and now I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.  I also learned how to print on watercolor paper and as a watercolor painter this made me so very excited to try it.  After the paper dried the author of this website went back in with a fine line black ink pen to define the edges and details.  OMG.  This is something I will love doing.  I just have to wait for good green leaves.

Well, now to go find a page to use as a base and get a small pile of tiny scraps together.  The ones up top are in the basket somewhere.  I'll just have to dig them out.

G is going out to start mowing the lawn.  That is green and growing.

1 comment:

Hill Top Post said...

Just when I had almost given up on blogging, I discovered your oh-so-wonderful Wednesday's Child. I stumbled onto it when reading comments made by Jude's Rag Mates. Yes, I am one too and proud of it. I am overloaded with so many things right now, but I would hate to miss anything Jude says or does. I, too, am doing a lot of thinking.