Friday, May 31, 2019

Daily Notes- May 31st


Vintage Kitchen.  Simple, white and black.  I love the umbrella on the back of the door and the sun or rain hat.  I could move right in.  The wall of storage to the right is amazing. I imagine it filled with large jars full of sugar, flour, granola etc.  The sink is most likely wide and deep.  And out in the vestibule  shelves for potted plants, boots etc.  Seriously makes me want move to a smaller house. Well, actually, move to THIS house.

My insect bite has calmed down and is no longer, red, hot or swollen.  Just a red puncture point.  The hose connection worked out and the Preen was raked and watered in.  Now to see if it works.  My regular customers at work said it did work.  And it's safe for vegetables etc.  It just works on germination.  Stops it.   Hope the Supreme Court doesn't get involved.

I added a third element to my breakfast choices.  Hot cooked cereal.  Cold shredded wheat and bran with milk.  And now---ta da! Toast with butter and my very own Damson plum jam or store bought strawberry rhubarb jam.  I can chew toast.  Let's have a parade with balloons and sparklers!!!!  I don't know how it happened or when, but things are easy and pain free with my jaw like 75% of the time.

I'm not adding any hard or sticky foods.  But toast!!  Who knew toast could be so exciting.

The walks in the woods behind our house have been FULL of mosquitos.  So many. Clouds of them. Today the dog had about a hundred on his face and in his eyes.  Poor doggie.  I sprayed my shirt and hat and that kept them away.

I purchased a plant that is a zone 6 to 9.  We are a zone 5.  So this new plant will have to find a home in the bed over the house waste water outlet pipe.  Where the hot water from showers etc keeps the ground warmer than the rest of our lot.  Rookie mistake not checking the zone on the plant tag.  Or I can use it as an expensive annual.  Spurge- euphorbia amygdafoides robbiae.  "Spreading green rosettes that are enticing".  Well, I guess I was enticed.

Have any of you been watching the National Spelling Bee on ESPN (of all stations to broadcast the Bee).  They haven't been able to eliminate spellers so are now going to very hard strange words.  But the spellers are spelling them.  It's amazing.  My humble opinion?  They are all WINNERS!!!  Or ask them to spell amygdafoides.  I can't even pronounce it.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes! There were eight spelling bee winners!

Paula, the quilter said...

Here in Colorado, Spurge is a noxious weed. It isn't even sold in the greenhouses.