Sunday, May 26, 2019

Daily Notes- May 26th


The three small IKEA chairs (about 5 inches tall-maybe) from Goodwill a week or more ago.  The holes are for screws so they can be "affixed" to the wall surface.  I just had to buy them.  They sit on the hall table by the front door.  It's like the holes are little eyes.  Jude would call them "chair people".

We managed to get to Goodwill, grocery and eat our lunch before the rain.  Then pushed our luck and went out for the walk.  As soon as we got home-the sky opened up and it poured.  Now--not even 20 minutes of heavy rain -- sunshine.  The humidity is suffocating.  For those of us with breathing issues.  Which is all three of us.

G and I (not working as smoothly together as usual) managed to get the three very large heavy wreaths (five foot diameter) upstairs into the unfinished garage attic space.  Yep.  Four attic spaces.  We carried down two boxes full of washed, empty food jars.  Time for them to go into the recycling. There are at least two more boxes that I can see. G thought he needed them for sorting screws and nails.

My new store bought plants overnighted in the vestibule and then out on the back deck this morning--which means they and their cardboard boxes are soaking wet.  My daughter planted all the stuff she purchased.  Like the minute she got the car into park.  I used to be that way.  I think. No, I was never like that.

Southern pork ribs were on sale (trimmings off of pork butts-also on sale) so tomorrow I think I will be making that pulled pork recipe with cayenne pepper, brown sugar and cider vinegar.  We might have it as tacos.  I'll also fry up some onions and sauerkraut.  The two items go well together. But not on a taco.

I may have reached my point of optimum desirability.  Old men are smiling at me, talking to me and admiring me.  Old men.   Lots of them.  I think I might have enjoyed it more in my 30's.  Not the ld men  but the desirability.

Raining again.  Well, the grass and the rhubarb are going to be growing!!!!  My friend Patty says it's time to come pull rhubarb for my freezer--and another pie, I think.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

What makes you think you've peaked? The old buzzards just keep flapping. My dad was like that until the day he died.

Now you've got me headed out to Goodwill. I can't find any damask in my fiber closet. Got hung up on linen last year.