Monday, May 20, 2019

Daily Notes- May 20th


Considering running thru.  But first I have to stitch (tack) my pale little rectangles to a larger cloth or a nine patch.  Then something (cloth) can run thru it.  Jude, this morning, referred to black and white cloth as magic.  I liked that--because I love black and white cloth.  Good things (energy) happens when you add black and white.

I am also considering adding a face to one or more of the rectangles.  Just a face-like a moon-not a body or arms. Or a flower with a face.  I am considering it.  I might sew it and then decided to take it away.

I am going to cook something today for myself.  I haven't had a real meal in such a long time--it seems.  I read about Grace's morning stir fry with vegetables, greens and herbs and I think I should do something like that.

We walked in the very wet woods with Riley and saw a few unknown trees with flowers.  G took a look but couldn't identify the tree.  And there was a stranger in the woods, off the path.  Riley didn't like him (and he likes everyone) so we were all three of us not our usual carefree selves.  I remember a children's song that I played on my little record player--- something about going out in the woods today.  Being careful.  The record was red.  I still have the case for that little record player.  My dad took everything out of it and used it as a little case for his hair cutting tools.  I wish it was still a record player and I had the three or four little red records.  I'd play that one.  About going in the woods today.

I finished my book-All Saints.  It did not end well and it was entirely the fault of the lead character. She had her chance at happiness and walked away.  Then decided, yes.  But too late.  She never saw Martin again.  Perhaps all this author's books are tales of love lost.  The book store owner never saw her husband again after he walked away.

I have a huge Nordic crime book to read next.  Book three.  Book one was followed by book two which took place before book one.  So, this author is writing his books backwards or was that a "one off" as they say?  It could have been that his editors didn't like book one.  Liked book two.  Published it and then had regrets about not printing them in order.  I'll let you know.  It is troubling to read backwards.  In several cases, reading book two, I knew some  characters were going to die. And that was really strange.  I was reading about dead people.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

If you go down in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise
If you go down in the woods today, you'd better go in disguise
For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain
Because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic

Every teddy bear who's been good is sure of a treat today
There's lots of marvellous things to eat and wonderful games to play
Beneath the trees where nobody sees they'll hide and seek as long as they please

That's the way the teddy bears have their picnic

Picnic time for teddy bears
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today
Watch them, catch them unawares and see them picnic on their holiday

See them gaily gad about
They love to play and shout
They never have any cares
At six o'clock their mummies and daddies will take them back home to bed
Because they're tired little teddy bears

If you go down in the woods today, you better not go alone
It's lovely down in the woods today, but safer to stay at home
For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain
Because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic

me-ml said...

you beat me, Susan, but thanks for the ear worm! (and flashback)
i grew up a long time ago in a tiny N.MI town with a tiny radio station.
Teddy Bears Picnic was a frequent favorite to be played. why? i don't know. probably someone who worked at the station had a kid who loved the song. I do know it is firmly embedded in my brain.

yes Joanne those pea pods of Graces looked a yummy breakfast to me too. We haven't been able to plant any (usually by St Pats day) too wet, soil too cold. so much better right out of the garden. As well as, eaten in the garden!