Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Daily Notes- May 15th


My drying rack in the guest bedroom.  One onion skin, one rust, two greens (started out a lighter shade and now darker and mottled with rust and onion skins).  All of these were in the first failed attempt where they only turned a faint tan, buff color and most of then got steamed a second time with rusty tin cans.  On the bottom rung--out of the picture a very black cloth with lovely markings.

I have another pot on the stove as I type.  Flowers from my Mother's Day bouquets.  Some dark little mums, some leaves I pounded flat to extract the greens, geranium leaves from the big plant I overwintered--I didn't dare take any of the young fig leaves-- though I will later in the summer-- I have read they print easily.  And one with rose petals and onion skins.  We'll see.

I discovered lots of blues in the scrap basket.  I think Jude is right about sorting the scraps into color families.  You really look at the cloth when sorting.  Looking at the screen-- I really like all the variations of color in the bottom left corner cloth.

I finished my book last night.  Stalker by Kepler.  Which is actually a husband and wife team writing under the name Lars Kepler.  It was violent, gruesome but not something to cause nightmares--- well, if I had curtains I would close them at night.

The library has emailed me to say India Flint's book is waiting for me at the library.  We are waiting for Riley to eat.  He hasn't eaten breakfast or lunch.  I just put a handful of food on his bed.  To prime the tummy.  He has listened to us talk about a car ride to the library and other places.  So he won't eat. Worried he'll get left behind.  As if....

I am also going to HAVE to buy more socks.  I have tons of Smart Wool but they have started to make the skin on my feet itch.  An allergic reaction? Or is it mental?  I started out with 4 pairs of the same black socks which I wear inside out as the toe seams rub.  Now I have 5 individual socks.  The rest are missing.  And my green socks-- I have only two socks left and one of them has now developed a big hole on the bottom of the heel.  Bomba on the internet says they have no toe seams on their socks.

I guess you could say I am on the "spectrum" when it comes to clothing.  I love what I love and I don't want to wear anything else.  Sigh.  I had hoped my socks would have lasted another 10 years. Which is why I am hopelessly devoted to Goodwill.  Waiting for someone who likes what I like to donate their stuff to Goodwill.




No comments: