Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Daily Notes- May 21st


The Alien X-ray.  Made years ago .  I never liked the long cloth format--then--but  getting to like it more as I get older.  I am trying to think about the origins of these cloths.  The Xray was on the back side of black cloth and drawn on with oil pastel crayon.  But first I think I tried chalk.  The shots of red/orange.  Enough or should I have used more?

Lung doctor appointment this morning.  All good news and I graduated to once a year appointments.
And then when I got home--the greenhouse called to say they didn't need me.  So.....I'm a little pissed as I changed my schedule for them.  Next time?  I say no.

I'm going to the library to return some books.  Then the grocery as G has a long list of things he says he needs. He worked hard yesterday and got wet when it started to rain--so today is a rest day.  He's tired and when he's tired he makes mistakes.

I felt like stitching yesterday so I did.  And I do not like any of the stitching I did.  So after my errands I am going to unsew the entire group of three.  Just...maybe...not be making cloth. I only seem to make a mess.

Halfway into India Flint's book.  I wish the words had been printed on white instead of on photographs.  Very, very hard to read.  And, also, the print on some important lists is very tiny and almost illegible.  Which is why I have to stop and not come back to it for a few days.  Interesting that the best transfer of color needs a bit of fermented urine.  Not happening here. Just.. not.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I remember the work in the picture. I liked it then and like it now!