Friday, February 01, 2019

Daily Notes- February One


With changes/additions.   Still pale.  I've taken that "sun" and the fabric under it off.  The star points are painted teabag--spattered with watercolors.  (I found the inks- will try them next).  The tiny house in the left bottom corner is painted teabag as well--the lush garden to the right is Deb's Magic Cloth. The green background more painted/spattered tea bag.  I mention all this in case someone out there wants to try this.  If nothing works here--I will cut it apart and keep the house and garden and the star.  I wanted sun, moon, star but sun is hard to make.  I could imagine that swish of pale yellow cloth to be sun...... and stop trying for anything more.

The washed, used teabags are very strong.  When painted and otherwise manipulated they become fragile, crisp.  Lessons learned.  None of these could be handled.  More paper art and less fabric art.

I am also considering cutting and placing all the good parts into a "long" cloth and not the rectangular shape.  The star directly over the moon.  Or the center few inches cut away and the house moved closer to that swish of sun. It's all experimental. Mental.  If it was a sheet of paper, I would be erasing.

I am also thinking about painting fabric.  I feel like painting.

February.   Warm enough--the 20's--for Riley to have a short walk.  They are back already, mostly because its difficult walking for G and he gets tired.  Not icy but would have been better with snowshoes.  Riley got to visit with two dogs.  One Poodle and one Lab.  A good start for February.

I was cleaning out the bookcase and found an old "diet diary" and while turning the pages watching myself NOT lose weight....I found my Pinterest password.  Ha!!!  As soon as I saw it, I was reminded of what was going on in my life in that moment.  The college girls, the greenhouse, the Summer.  All came back.  The girls had gotten me interested in Pinterest.  Even though they always cracked up laughing when I called it Pin-interest.  I also revisited the rash I had around my eyes.  Many notes on the pages of how terrible the rash was.  I was having soy milk every morning.  Soy.  Not good.


No comments: