Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Daily Notes- February 27th


Little symbols I draw often.  Suns, stars, planets, houses, crows.  There is even a raised bed garden and some Hallmark Movies.  A new addition to my plain little house shapes.  Peaked roof line.

It's very cold here in Maine.  Winter is never really over here until April.  Last March we had several storms that cancelled the garden lecture series.  There is also a cutting wind.  It finds it's way through all the layers we might have on.  And Mainers have lots of layers.

The Plumber is here--well, he drove off--but I am hoping he returns with pipe etc.  He has promised to install the last four new radiators.  From the renovation of last year.  It's no like we had no heat--we just didn't have new radiators. Perfect weather for having the garage doors open.  The living room shares a wall with the garage.  It's cold in here.

I spent some Time yesterday clearing things off the dining room table.  I had piled too many things there.  Now they are piled in the sewing room.  Perhaps I should begin that "Tidying" where I get rid of a grocery bag of items each day.  Tidy my way into a Minimalist Household (that is so laughable).  This is really hard when it comes to books, papers with ideas, thread, scissors, pens and pencils.  These are the things that pile up around me.  I could add cloth, buttons, glue sticks, rulers to the list.
And string.  And it's not like they are in any sort of "use" around here.  Just "ready" in case.

I am thinking I might make a Chart. Like a erasable board. Organize projects that go from barely begun to almost finished.  These are my two most crowded areas.  Barely Begun.  Almost Finished.  And of course, we also have In Progress which is easier to control.  Few things are In Progress right now.  There is also Thinking About.  I would guess this is where the real bottle neck exists.  I am always Thinking About. Something........making, doing, going etc.  Rarely does that go to In Progress or even Barely Begun.   Actually finishing anything is cause for celebration--including a down the street Parade with confetti.  Speaking of confetti--G is asking about a new batch of sugar cookies with sprinkles.

Yes, a list of things.  And then crossing off the items I know I will never want to actually do.  And then crossing off items that actually get done (how wonderful is that) and then having a time limit on how long things can stay on the list-- some items are closing in on 15 to 20 years.

Well, I have to go-- I hear G looking for something.....which means a great mess if I don't help.





1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

love the chart...especially the Thinking About. That would be a very
very large catagory for me