Monday, February 11, 2019

Daily Notes- February 11


What I bought at Goodwill yesterday.  A lovely watercolor of an apple.  On just the heavy 300 pound watercolor paper, not matted and in a terrible shiny gold frame.  The apple is seven inches by seven inches.   Extra white paper on either side.  Enchanting. It has "story".  How could this end up at Goodwill?  I imagine this being a gift to someone once upon a time.  Not signed.

I will take it to my Picture Framer and we'll make something wonderful to frame this apple.

I also found a printed top from India for one dollar.  Cotton.  Black and cream.  Several different but of the same theme printed designs.  I spent a few hours taking the top apart to get "yardage"--but my hands and fingers got tired while snipping the elastic bodice apart.  Many thousands of tiny snips.  I am ⅓ of the way.  It is going to be well worth the effort.   I say yardage but we are talking about long strips about 7.5 inches wide--perhaps 2 yards long.  More than enough to make something.  Before anything happens the cloth needs a good washing.

Did you notice that the two things I bought are about the same size--7 to 7.5 inches.  Lucky Seven.

I also found--for five dollars-a brand new single ZOKU  "Quick Pop Maker"-  It makes one ice pop. The item is brand new, never used and comes from Williams Sonoma.  The price wasn't the greatest bargain as the pop maker sells for $14.99.  It also has one of those love it or hate it review records. But it can make one popsicle in 7 minutes.  SEVEN minutes.   I didn't know that until I went to check the box--it was a surprise to me!!!!!!  And you put whatever healthy juices etc into the little Zoku pod and wait 7 minutes and "Bob's your uncle" you have an ice pop.  It has 3 sticks and the pod stays frozen enough to make 3 pops in quick succession.  The review mentioned three year olds making their own pops.  So, there is half a chance I can make a pop for myself---in a few months.

My morning cream of wheat cereal turned out perfect this morning.  And my coffee is good also.  I have already done one load of wash and folded the stuff that was in the ice cold dryer.  A direct conduit from the outdoor vent into the dryer.  23 degrees.  Brilliant sunshine.

I'm returning to my gathering elastic removal.  Tedious but the very best print is there with the elastic.
The smallest flowers.  Three different but co-ordinating prints--I noticed in the sunlight that one of the prints is actually indigo and cream not black and cream.  Interesting.




1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What a great Goodwill run! Can't wait to see the apple framed.