Friday, February 08, 2019

Daily Notes- February 8th


Something else that floated into view in the Magic Attic.  Bev's fabric and her project. I added to it with her already cut pieces.  Bev had opened her home to a visiting exchange student from Japan.  And was given many lovely gifts of fabric by the student and her family over the years.  When our little quilt group divided up Bev's cloth after her death--I was the only one interested in the Japanese cloth.  This was never actually finished or quilted.  I think I second guessed my plan here and wondered if I should try for a square instead of the long runner it had become.  Which would involve unsewing and trying to figure out the outside edge.  I never decided.  And I had only a certain amount of fabric to work with.

I also found another unfinished top--a surprise--with cut pieces and the sale slip for the book in the box with everything else.  1997.  Smithsonian Quilt Collection.  Very tiny dark Civil War fabrics. 15 fabric quarters for $1.75 each.  Only one small piece in a dark navy blue.  Not enough for Storm at Sea.  Lots of cream fabrics with little sprigs and designs in brown. Lots. What was I thinking?

G is working on coloring a new snowflake.  He enjoys the work and we consult on his color choices with the aid of a color wheel.  These color consultations take awhile.  Which is good for thinking, planning and organizing.  And remembering.  He also helps me with my fabric choosing.  Usually to give an opinion on what he likes or doesn't like. One end of the dining room table is covered in boxes of colored pens and pencils--the other piles of cloth.

Riley does not like the coloring pencils.  It interferes with his daily walk.  Which G is postponing because of the wet cold drizzle.  And the wet snow that freezes overnight and is coated with water in the morning.  Very slippery.  So Riley is here by the computer desk with me--trying to encourage me to get G to go for the walk.  The sun is trying to make it's way thru the clouds.

I made chicken soup for our daughter.  She has picked up some kind of cold or flu from the Candy Factory employees and customers.  She has two days off and wants to try and get rid of it with plenty of soup and is willing to break her diet restrictions and eat chicken.

I made a loaf of banana bread for G and another loaf of orange cranberry for myself.  His baked perfectly and mine didn't rise.  So...its very flat and dense.  I would make another but I used the last of the fresh cranberries and G doesn't want to share anymore of his orange juice.  I did buy a fresh can of baking powder just in case that was what went wrong. It's just okay to eat but not as wonderfully delicious as the two previous loaves.  There are plenty of leftovers in the fridge.

Well, I guess I had better get back to whatever it was I was doing.  And G has reminded me that I have over 60 messages on my iPhone to delete.  I have read almost all of them here on the computer. And deleted them.  Now I have to go thru the process of deleting them a second time (and lets be honest...a third time if the delete isn't in sync with the computer).  And then a FINAL delete.


3 comments:

jbettyb said...

Can you slice your orange cranberry loaf very thinly and bake at 300F (like biscotti) to make a Rainforest type cracker?





DianeN said...

The Japanese fabrics are lovely. I hope you do something with it so it can be out and appreciated.

MariMo said...

Synchronize your emails on Computer and phone, makes life so much easier. Have a good Weekend!