Sunday, February 10, 2019

Daily Notes- February 10th


One of the early tea bag projects with a "crow on it".  Lots of thread.  It is nice to stitch thru the paper. As you can see I enjoyed it for hours.  And then tried out a few buttons.  The type of tea in the tea bag and the way in which it dries (or doesn't dry) gives the bags different looks.  this one remains on the wall.  I may have already shown this picture--I can no longer keep track.

I was helping get Riley ready for his walk.  His collar and the velcro things on his hunter's orange vest.  No hunting but it helps G to find the dog's location in the woods.  I got sort of "sun-blind" from being out there with the sun low in the sky and reflected off the ice crusted snow.  Actually, none of it is snow--it's all ice.  And even with full sun and no clouds--it's freezing cold out there.

I had been watching the Garage Sale Mysteries on Hallmark Mysteries for a few days but now they have reverted back to Monk.  So we watched the Mummy and the Mummy Returns that I had recorded on Super Bowl Sunday.

Later this month A&E (I think that was the channel) has a three day "investigative biography" of the Trump family.  Fred, Donald and The Kids.  All the dirt and then some.  I'll be recording it.  I don't want to watch commercials.  I'll look it up on the TiVo.  I guess it's time to have fun with Trump.

Today's Schedule:   I am returning to Goodwill today.  After G returns from the walk.

The local Garden Group has a lecture on Plant Propagation by the owner of the greenhouse specializing in Pot Production. I wonder if they realize that???

It's been awhile since I read a book so I thought I would do that today.  My eyes are a bit "tired" so a nap might actually be a better idea.  Not tired but blurry.  Possibly dry.

We (G&I) are working on cleaning out the fridge.  Lots of unfinished leftovers in there.  I did stop at the grocery and stocked up on sale produce.  Large bag of local russet potatoes for $5, celery and a huge bag of big fat orange carrots.  I still had onions.  Most of my recipes begin with--chop......and then it's celery, onion or carrot.  I even purchased a head of garlic even though I loathe the smell of it. My daughter is hinting at another big pot of the lentil stew.  That uses up 2 pounds of potatoes and an entire bunch of celery right there.

Yesterday I had a jelly donut and a small cup of chicken nuggets. The day before a gigantic mixed vegetable salad (cleaned out the salad drawer in the fridge) and some leftover pork. Today I might make soup with broccoli, cheese and carrots. (and a potato?) or help finish off the pork.

What are you eating this Winter?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I really like the "crow on teabag"!

I agree how very cold, was going yo take a walk but decided on a couple of romantic comedies on Netflix instead.

My eyes get very dry and blurry in the winter too, I think it's from the dry heat we have going for months.